Posts tagged kakeru
I made him pick the stripes.
The idea of Kimono Kakeru begun when I was thinking of dressing her up for this year’s Natsu Matsuri. Kimonos or Yukatas for dollfies aren’t that hard to find, but can get really pricey. >_< The selection for Yo-SD sized dolls is also quite limited and I had to navigate a few Tao Bao sites before arriving at Tata’s Paradise to find something suitable.
For people new to the dollfie world, here are some pointers for shopping for doll clothes:
- There are basically a few ways to get new and original doll clothes and accessories: Korean doll companies, Hong kong / China online blogshops.
- Korean doll companies like Peak’s Woods,LUTS and Leekworld specialize in making their own line of dolls and have a range of clothes and accessories as well.
- Peak’s Wood is kindof like the retailer for independent doll clothing designers like nine9style, a casual clothes line, but they also do their own designs, which are really pretty and whimsical.
- LUTS concentrates more on constantly updating their clothing line and their style ranges from casual chic to cute and adorable.
- Leekworld has a greater focus on producing really good quality Wigs, shoes and unique accessories (horns, wings etc) though they have some interesting casual clothes in their collection.
- Korean online stores are rather pricey as most of the outfits being sold comes in a set (with top + bottom + accessories). There is often no question about quality though there has been some unfavorable feedback on long it takes to process the orders and the high shipping cost. Personally, I have had a pleasant experience with these three stores.
- Taobao.com is the common starting place for aspiring Hong Kong/ China clothes retailers. However, buying from Taobao is a real headache as the site is in Chinese and payment is restricted to transactions with China banks. For non-Chinese, the only way to buy off Taobao is through a proxy. Thankfully, the really successful shops often branch out to the English speaking market by running their own English online store. My favourites are Tata’s Paradise and M3studio.
- Tata’s Paradise is my current favourite as they update their stock and collection with new items on a regular basis. They have a wide range of clothes and accessories available, especially for Yo-SD sized dolls, compared to most sites. Their own label produces casual chic outfits and some cutesy themed sets. Besides their own original designs, Tata’s also helps to sell beautiful traditional Japanese costumes like Kimonos and Yukatas from the brand Infinite Love. The prices on Tata’s collection is really quite affordable and slightly lower than the Korean shops mentioned above. However, they take quite a while to ship as some of the clothes are made to order, meaning that they will only make the outfits after an order is made. So expect a 3-4week wait before your order is available for shipping.
- M3Studio is rather new player in the market. Their clothes are really really cheap. The quality and workmanship is not as good as the other shops mentioned thus far, but it is still rather decent considering their prices. I usually get basics like socks and tights from them for Kakeru.
The shops that I have listed above are not the only online shops out there selling clothes for BJDs, but they are just some that I have had experience buying from. I shall end the chatter for now and will probably elaborate more on how to buy 2nd clothes in a later post.
As promised, I’m back with more pics of Kuma Kakeru. I find it quite difficult to pose Kakeru in a sitting position. I think it has something to do with the placement of her hip joint. ^^;
These pictures were taken right in my own home. I have a set of ledges with a cool assortment of nick-nacks that would serve as an interesting backdrop for Kuma Kakeru.
The Kuma apron is really quite interesting and well-made. The ‘paws & claws’ are made of felt and a metallic button for the paw pad.
Up next is probably some backlog pictures of Kakeru. Or maybe some nendoroid action.
Here’s to the first of many posts on my beloved Kakeru!
Kakeru is highly versatile model and looks great in female/male clothes. In the photo above, we have her in a cutesy Kuma (Japanese for ‘bear’) outfit, complete with a headband with Kuma ears. The adorable Kuma apron and headband is part of an existing costume from Tata’s Paradise. Didn’t really like the original assemble that came with a patterned black dress and chose to have Kakeru in a simple white blouse instead.
I love buying clothes for Kakeru and playing dress-up . But the clothes for dollfies are quite pricey and it’s burning a hole in my pocket. >_< Still, it’s really fun to shop for Kakeru. Most of the shopping is done online, where I buy directly from online retailers. There have also been a few times where I have bought pre-loved items from other Yo-SD owners and these items are usually much cheaper.
Hopefully the sugary sweetness of chibi Gintoki from Gintama will make up for the fact that I have been neglecting this poor blog. It’s just so much easier to update photographs via Twitter, Facebook or Google+. Feel free to add me on those social networking sites . While I have been away, the figure buying did not stopped. There are still boxes of cuteness gathering dust in a remote corner of my room. Speaking of rooms, I finally did a bit of renovating and freed up some space to display my collection. Will take more pics of the progress to share~!
Besides Nendoroids and other similar chibi figures, I have been collecting dolls as well. The lovely Azone Aika, who has been featured before on this blog, was the first 1/6 doll that joined my collection, and she was quickly followed by Nina and Koron. Meanwhile, the WLNF peeps have been plagued by the ‘Super Dollfie‘ bug and many comrades have taken to adopt Dream Dollfie (DD) ’daughters’ . I’ve always been a fan of dollfies though I mainly prefer the less-anime inspired versions. I have a special preference for Yo-SD/25cm sized dolls as I feel that they are more adorable and sweet IMO.
On my last trip to Hongkong, I fell in love with Yo-SD Kakeru. However, I was not fated to have him until later, when I received him as a much cherished gift.
Thus, I’ve been spending much time with Kakeru, showering him with lots of pretty outfits and accessories. With this increasing obsession with dolls, I think it’s time to give this blog a make-over so that I can cater a section to all the dollfie pics I have taking. >:D
So please bear with me as I fiddle around with wordpress to figure out a new way to present my collection of cuteness~!